Sunday, July 12, 2009

I have an account with a Christian Web inspiration daily email today's email gave more detail about seeking peace. I felt it was important to share-You can sign up for this daily email if you like go to Mountain Wings there is a link below for you to check out. -----------------------------
-------------------
MountainWings A MountainWings Moment
#1230 Wings Over The Mountains of Life
-------------------------------------------------

A MountainWings subscriber (Phoebe McKell) submitted this story.
She said it reminded her of the MountainWings issue,
"The Waves." http://www.mountainwings.com/past/1229.htm

If you've never read "The Waves," click on the above link and read
"The Waves" first.


The Meaning of Peace
=====================

There was once a king who offered a prize to the artist who
could paint the best picture of peace. Many artists tried.
The king looked at all the pictures, but there were only two
that he really liked, and he had to choose between them.

One picture was of a calm lake. The lake was a perfect mirror
for the peaceful towering mountains all around it. Overhead was
a blue sky with fluffy white clouds. All who saw this picture
thought that it was a perfect picture of peace.

The second picture had mountains, too. But these were rugged
and bare. Above was an angry sky from which rain fell, and in
which lightening played. Down the side of the mountain tumbled
a foaming waterfall. This did not look peaceful at all.

But when the king looked, he saw behind the waterfall a tiny
bush growing in a crack in the rock. In the bush a mother bird
had built her nest.... a perfect picture of peace.

Which of the pictures won the prize?

The king chose the second picture.

Do you know why?

"Because," explained the king, "peace does not mean to be in a
place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work.
Peace means to be in the midst of all those things and still be
calm in your heart. That is the real meaning of peace."

That is the REAL meaning of peace.

~Author Unknown~


Last night I watched a movie called Field of Dreams. It was about a man who heard a voice telling him to build a baseball field in the middle of his corn field in Iowa. So he uses his life savings and builds it. Then ghosts of famous players come to play on his field. Next he is told to find a very famous writer. So this man starts a path of events that lead him back home. He is about to loose his farm and is pressured to sell. However while he was gone more ghosts came to his field. Now this field and it's players were not seen by everyone. If a person had a closed mind they could not see the players and sometime the field. He finds clues and voices that lead him to other players or people that have long passed. Finely he comes home to a whole field of players. One player is of very importance it is his father. Now his father was old when he was born and his mother died a short time after he was born so he never knew her. But his father tried to get him interested in playing ball. The boy hated it he did not want to play for any reason, When the boy became 17 he said hurtful things to his father and left. He never got the chance to apologize and introduce him to his family . Now the boy is a man with a field full of ghosts and he finely meets the younger version of his father. He can put things right and found peace. It took him on a long walk to get to this point and when he was ready his father came to him. So for him he finely felt peace .
What I am telling you is that it may take a long walk and keeping your mind wide open to find your peace. It can be as small as a plant growing in hard weather, or a loved one who is passed coming to visit you in dreams or any other way Remember to keep your mind wide open allow yourself to see your peace.
One last example of peace.

Last December I was very sick, I was on life support and was not doing very well. While I was on the life support my father came to me. I never got the chance to tell him thank you and how much I loved him for trying his best. This is one of my regrets. But he came and I felt a peace like no other. It was strange for me to have my dad come to me I would have thought it would be my grammy. He gave me the will to survive and get better. When I was off the machine and in my room one night I watched a show that I thought my father made (what was really on the tv I will never know) He put nature scenes to Neil Diamond music it was so peaceful and strong I have this memory today and it is just as powerful. It gave me peace and helped me grow stronger so I could leave. It was amazing and peaceful.
I am hopeing and praying all can feel peace on some level. One thing I try to do is live my life with little regreat this is hard but leave your mind wide open and accept the power of forgiveness and peace. Tell your story it may free you I really hope to hear of others who are walking the long walk of peace and forgiveness, it may help others and make you stronger.

Love and Care, May love find you, peace be in you, nature surround you

No comments:

Post a Comment